This article is prompted by a recent conversation on Facebook about
the roles of men and women. Let me begin, in case you have not followed
my ministry and writing up to this point, by saying that I hold the
Bible to be the Word of God, absolutely infallible in its original form,
and the sole rule for faith and life for the believer. My argument is
not with the Word, but with the interpretations that have been given
value over the Word. So much of what has long been taught in the church
as the Biblical standard is in fact a distortion of Scripture, based on
poor interpretations made by a male-dominated society over many hundreds
of years. I would like to try to correct some of those misconceptions.
(Note: It is not my purpose here to address the particular issues
surrounding women in ministry. I have already written a whole article
about that, which can be found on my ministry web site at http://wordandfireministries.com/women-in-ministry/)
Read More Here
No comments:
Post a Comment